Realistic Ores

by ouk_ouk

New look for iron, copper and uranium ores. Now, they have colors of real ores, not refined metals. Also, uranium ore glow is decreased to 70%. (Configurable and with support for other mods.)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Environment

b Error on load

4 years ago

Happened after update 0.17.46 or 0.17.47 (idk, i got both at the same time)
https://imgur.com/PDOTDGS

4 years ago

hey this is on the 0.17.46 release note:

Added new higher resolution icons for resource ores with randomized variations when drawn on belts.

4 years ago

Only natural that this mod will break when Factorio completely revamped how ores are displayed.

4 years ago

Yup, they changed the file path of the icon, so this mod needs to be updated to account for that. I'm not familiar enough with the changes to know if the icons themselves need updating.

4 years ago

Just a quick'n'dirty hack to fix that locally:

• Open the zip file of the mod.
  • Go to graphics/icons.
  • Copy all the PNG files to a temporary location.
  • Create a directory "mip" in graphics/icons.
  • Scale up the PNG files from 32x32 squarepixels to 64x64 squarepixels (I used GIMP: Image --> Scale Image) and save them.
  • Move the scaled up images into graphics/icons/mip.
4 years ago

Ooops, that fix doesn't quite work, after all! The ore patches have the correct color, and so do ore icons in inventories (character, chests, furnaces). But as soon as a piece of ore is on the ground or on a belt, the vanilla color is used again.

4 years ago

Please check out Realistic Ores Fix -- I will deprecate it as soon as ouk_ouk has updated his mod.

4 years ago

OMG, I was gone for like 2 minutes (months but it doesn't matter) and you've already managed to break my mod, jeez.
OK, give it back to me, I'll try to fix it but if you'll break it again I'm locking it in my safe and the fun time is over.

4 years ago

@Pi-C I didn't see the code of you fix yet but if you think that it is decent and not rash job, you can create a pull request on Github.
You have about 12 hours before I'll start working on the fix myself.

4 years ago

Sorry, don't know much about github and don't even have an account there. I'm really not much of a coder. :-) There is one program I use "git pull --rebase" to get the latest code for compiling, but I guess that's something else because there I need to "pull" the code to me while what you mean must be I "push" it to you.

You could try to talk me through making a pull request. However, I guess it would be far easier if you just downloaded my mod: It contains diffs of my changes against your latest version because I had a hunch you might want to have a look at what I've done to your mod. :-D

4 years ago

I've just sent you the diff files in a PM on the forum, so you won't even have to download my mod.

4 years ago

"You could try to talk me through making a pull request."
I didn't ever do that myself so I'll pass.

I'll just download your version and integrate it with mine.

4 years ago

I've uploaded a path. The mod should work now.

4 years ago

It does, thanks for updating! I should deprecate my mod now. But how do I do this correctly? :-)

4 years ago

Thanks for the update. Better late than never :)

New response