Realistic Ores

by ouk_ouk

New look for iron, copper and uranium ores. Now, they have colors of real ores, not refined metals. Also, uranium ore glow is decreased to 70%. (Configurable and with support for other mods.)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Environment

i Iron color seems too orange

5 years ago

Something about the iron color seems off to me, it's too close to the copper plate color. According to this, iron ore should have a hue value of about 12 degrees, but the color from this mod (at least the map color) has a hue value of 24 degrees, which is significantly more orange. The ore graphic color itself is actually much closer, around 12 - 15 degrees. So I guess just the map color is off. I'd propose something more like #D16D54.

5 years ago

Well, if you type "iron ore" to google images you can see pretty wide range of colors but perhaps you are right that they are usually more brownish.
I didn't really checked these colors after I'd entered them and actually the iron bothers me too, though for a different reason. It is brighter than the unmodded copper but the texture of modded iron is darker than vanilla copper.
I didin't change it because I would have to make a new graphic for the information page. I guess I will now, as I have an official request.

5 years ago

Yeah I guess the main thing that bothered me is that the modded iron color looked too close to unmodded copper. Thanks for taking a look at it!

New response