Realistic Ores

by ouk_ouk

New look for iron, copper and uranium ores. Now, they have colors of real ores, not refined metals. Also, uranium ore glow is decreased to 70%. (Configurable and with support for other mods.)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Environment

i Uranium Color

6 years ago

Please fix uranium ore color as well. They should be a tad bit yellowish compared to current color. Also if possible, fix the nuclear glow as well as they should glow blue inside reactor.

6 years ago

I've done some research and yes, you're right. Uranium is usually yellowish.

Although, they may be a problem with that. I've never used any mod that adds new resources to the game but I strongly suspect that one of them adds sulphur ore. If I change uranium to yellow, they would be two very similar ores and I very much wouldn't like to interfere with other mods. There is no such problem with iron and copper because they more or less switch colors with each other.

I am not saying that I definitely won't change color of uranium. I just wanted you to know what kind of problems this may create.
I have think about this some more.

I know for sure that I won't change glow of nuclear reactor. I like this idea but this mod is about ores.
You may want to create suggestion at forum about it.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ok, I found 3 mods that are adding sulphur to the game. Or seems like they won't be a problem if I change uranium to be yellow-green. It should remain distinguishable from purely yellow sulphur.

I also found that zinc ore from mod "Bob's ores" looks almost like my copper. Oh well ¯\(ツ)/ ¯

6 years ago

Done!
Perhaps color of uranium is still a little too green but at least it shouldn't collide with anything else.

5 years ago

OK, you've won. ;) I made a mod which changes the nuclear glow color. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RealisticReactorGlow

New response