Randomize Science

PRE-ALPHA VERSION - Generate randomized ingredients for science pack recipes for every game. Covers basic 6 science packs. Adjust difficulty, progression, number of ingredients, tier caps, and crafting time/output. Include ores, wood, liquid, fish, or science packs as ingredients, craft in random buildings, and use a random seed to keep your recipes.

Tweaks
4 years ago

b Logistic Science ingredients.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Fluids should be exempt from Logistic Science. In my first game with this mod, logistic science requires steam, which means it cannot be handcrafted. It must be made in a tier 2 or 3 assembler, which are researched with the uncraftable logistic science.

Enjoying this concept though! The seed I picked has brought some crazy combinations. ^^

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thank you very much for trying this and reporting your initial discovery. The latest version 0.0.4 and beyond will allow steam and water to be crafted in assembling machine 1 buildings, both of them are in the pool for ingredients requiring red but still not requiring green science, for variety in liquids instead of them all being at the military+ stages.

Additionally, 0.0.3 -> 0.0.4 is not intended to affect seeds so this particular update may be safe on saves, not tested.

5 years ago

I hadn't considered that the Assem1's could just be changed to use fluids, but that worked great, thanks!

New response