Content
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.15
Trains

b Few bugs

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi

1. Im starting my oil setup and want to bring more oil from far away lands :) When I try to set full/empty cargo conditions train is running constantly between stations.

Greetings
jegrek

7 years ago

Yes, that is to be expected. Railtanker uses invisible storage tanks to work. There's no way for Factorio to know what inventory to check.
For full/empty to work with Railtanker you'll have to wait until i finish updating SmartTrains (or i can come up with a solution for Railtanker alone)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Another bug: The tanker car cannot be repaired when damaged. I get a "This cannot be mined" error.

Edit: Repair by construction robots works fine.

7 years ago

A suggestion for the 0.13 rail stop conditions, how about giving the rail tankers a fake inventory, that only holds 1 item as long as the tankers have oil in them. Then remove that item once the tanker is empty, this should allow the game to treat it like a cargo wagon with inventory.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

A suggestion for the 0.13 rail stop conditions, how about giving the rail tankers a fake inventory, that only holds 1 item as long as the tankers have oil in them. Then remove that item once the tanker is empty, this should allow the game to treat it like a cargo wagon with inventory.

That's what Railtanker is doing right now when the train is moving to show the icon for the liquid. I could change it to always show them. The only issue with that is that inserters would take the item out if the train (accidentaly) stops at a station that has inserters.

New response