by Hermios

Connect rails to electric and signals circuits, and use electric trains

Content
9 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation

g Game crashes removing rails

7 years ago

I've got a very old savegame, and I converted all the rails over to powered rails. Something must be pushing at an internal process/memory limit because if I remove a powered rail the whole game freezes and crashes (no error, it just exits). I also sometimes have problems if I swap tasks and open another program while Factorio is running with Factorio freezing up. My suspicion is that the power-grid for my world is just so huge that when a chunk of it's removed, or while it's calculating connections it exceeds some internal timer and dies. Have you heard anything similar, or have any tricks to fix this? I've worked around it by turning the rails into ghost-rails which I can remove just fine (via a LUA command), but the wires that hook the powered rails together get left behind when I do that. That's also how I put most of the powered rails in, removed regular rails and replaced them with ghost-powered-rails (I posted the script in another discussion) and let my robots fill them in.

7 years ago

Hi Posicat
Sorry, I never heard or experimented a freeze and crash.
When I switch taskes, I have the same issue as you (Freeze, but no crash), as my computer is not very powerful. Just wait until Factorio has made calculation.
Sorry to be not more helpful.
Niko

New response