Extended Range

Longer range versions of all underground belts and the underground pipe.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Transportation

i Support for Bob's Logistics mod

3 years ago

I've been using this mod during various playthroughs and I love it.
However when using Bob's Logistics mod (which adds 2 more belt tiers after Express) I have to stop using Extended Range.
Would it be possible to include support for these 2 extra belt tiers as well?
- Turbo (purple), 60 items / sec
- Ultimate (green), 75 items / sec

Even though the max length of underground belts increases with throughput, the max length of an Ultimate underground belt is 23 whilst extended range does 36

3 years ago

There are quite a few mods that add extra belts, but Bob's is rather popular (and I've even played it!) so I'll see what I can do.
I'm seeing 20 for Turbo and 25 for Ultimate. Applying my normal numbers Turbo MR would be 40, LR would be 80, Ultimate would be 50/100.

Do you use the longer range pipes at all?

3 years ago

However when using Bob's Logistics mod (which adds 2 more belt tiers after Express) I have to stop using Extended Range.

Even though the max length of underground belts increases with throughput, the max length of an Ultimate underground belt is 23 whilst extended range does 36
Ok added. Try it out.

3 years ago

There are quite a few mods that add extra belts, but Bob's is rather popular (and I've even played it!) so I'll see what I can do.
I'm seeing 20 for Turbo and 25 for Ultimate. Applying my normal numbers Turbo MR would be 40, LR would be 80, Ultimate would be 50/100.

Do you use the longer range pipes at all?

The main reason I would love to have the Ultimate extra long belts is that I can use the upgrade planner to upgrade all existing express/turbo belts I have to Ultimate without having manually re-do all the tunnels and to re-calculate tunnel length. So for me (but thats personal) the range doesn't have to be proportionally increased when going higher than Express, but that's up to you! I certainly wouldn't mind being able to build even longer tunnels!

And yes, I use the longer range pipes all the time. Works wonders, thanks for your work

3 years ago

Ok added. Try it out.

Whoa that was quick! I just updated the mod and I'm able to upgrade the Extra long Express underground belts to Extra long Ultimate underground belts!
Thanks a lot!

I do think there's something wrong with the icons now... when editting my Upgrade blueprint, the icons for the Medium and Long underground belts seem, awkward. See: https://pasteboard.co/JPPahZ8.png

3 years ago

Hmm, that's strange. I'll look into that today. I did update the icons to be 64x64 so it must be related to that.

New response