PyCoal Touched By an Angel

Seven Mods for the Arch666Angel under the sky, Seventeen for the Bobingabout in their halls of stone, Nine for Pyanodon doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie, One Mod to rule them all, one Mod to find them, One Mod to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Tweaks
2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Minor issue with Alien Life (needs a little fix)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've put this under 'ideas' since I don't believe it's officially compatible with AL (so not technically a bug).

However, I'm daft and play it with AL anyway lol and it works pretty damn well actually :)

Minor bugs:

1) the need for simple circuits for most buildings at the start before you can make them (easily fixed by just spawning those until you can make them, that's what I do anyway)

2) the fawogae recipes are blank - trying to find the source for this, it's somewhere in Touched by an Angel. At the moment my solution is I overwrite those recepies in my own mod, loaded after Touched ... but hopefully in the long term you will fix this :)

That's the main 2 really. Other than that I run all bobs, angels (not with latest Angel updates as these are incomp) as well as all Py. My god it's generally heaven :) My thanks KingArthur for this comp mod, your efforts on this (and your newer work helping on Py-mods) are deeply appreciated.

4 years ago

Well currently I've dumped everything in pycoaltbaa and I'm starting from scratch to get py, angel and bob compatible with all of the changes that have happened between the three in the last 6 months.

The biggest of which is getting pyal and all the Angel's industries set up correctly. So in all honestly these bug are going to be render meaningless as the rebuild has already eliminated them.

4 years ago

you are a star :)

4 years ago

oh while I think about it, I almost forgot to mention the other issue ... you can create caged versions of creatures in your backback with only the cage ... not been able to find the source of that one either. The reason I almost forgot is because when you use the correct buildings the recipees show correctly, so I just don't build things like that in my backpack.

Your newer version likely fixes it, but thought I'd better mention it for completions sake :)

My continued thanks.

4 years ago

No idea how that's a thing but I will check on it

4 years ago

just a little update, not sure if you'll see this (hoping so) ... the issue with the caged creatures and indeed the farogae (and indeed all other receipees) are all related to items being used as modules, those items are being removed by Touched for some reason. So for example the vrauk, the auag are put in the machines as a module to help you breed more; same for farogae and kicalk and so on and so on.

I hope this helps :)

All I'm doing at the moment is overwriting them after your mod loads and they all work perfectly (pretty much every single alienLife recipee as far as I can see), including caging creatures.

Now that I'm doing that, alienLife now feels really compatible with the other mods.

:)

p.s. if anyone else is reading this and needs help solving this while kingArthur is working on an update, just let me know and I'll post more details :) But it's pretty easy as a stop-gap.

4 years ago

ya i see it. im around c-19 hasnt got me yet.

4 years ago

just a little update, not sure if you'll see this (hoping so) ... the issue with the caged creatures and indeed the farogae (and indeed all other receipees) are all related to items being used as modules, those items are being removed by Touched for some reason. So for example the vrauk, the auag are put in the machines as a module to help you breed more; same for farogae and kicalk and so on and so on.

All I'm doing at the moment is overwriting them after your mod loads and they all work perfectly (pretty much every single alienLife recipee as far as I can see), including caging creatures.

Now that I'm doing that, alienLife now feels really compatible with the other mods.

p.s. if anyone else is reading this and needs help solving this while kingArthur is working on an update, just let me know and I'll post more details :) But it's pretty easy as a stop-gap.

I would appreciate some help with this. I am not for using these cheaty recipes, but fixing them myself has given me enough of a headache that I will forgo pride and ask for help lol

4 years ago

Hit me up too bluerat. Im eager to get back into my old save from when I 1st upgraded to Factorio v18 ( Actually still loads even with all the updates with bobs/py etc!)
I got it all working, but the missing fawgae/ralesia, and a couple rubber stopper recipes was going to be a headache for my factory for when kingarthur does update.

4 years ago

Hit me up too bluerat. Im eager to get back into my old save from when I 1st upgraded to Factorio v18 ( Actually still loads even with all the updates with bobs/py etc!)
I got it all working, but the missing fawgae/ralesia, and a couple rubber stopper recipes was going to be a headache for my factory for when kingarthur does update.

i found the bug that was removing modules from recipes in my ingredients deduper fuction in final fixes. the 9.10 branch on github contains that fix.

4 years ago

Yep I see you had done some stuff on github. Ive been lurking around there on a daily basis! I should get out more...

Thanks king, love your work

3 years ago

Just a little add, I know it's been a while .... but pretty much all the phytomining receipes mk01-3 (all that use any form of 'enriched-biomass' anyway, which is most) don't work ... all the ingredients are replaced with 'tailings' ... I suspect this is to do with 'dirty water' generally being replaced by 'tailings' :)

The solution: instead of picking and choosing individual receipes I've just overwritten the entire file, just replaceing the ingredient of dirty water with tailings. And this does the job (as far as I can tell anyway) .

That's the first issue I've run into in a while though, aside from the the odd specific recipees here and there - continued compliments!

Over 60 hours into this save and getting close to making the first proper circuit >< so happy :)

3 years ago

im not sure i follow. tailings are dirty water. dirty water is the internal name the code uses.

3 years ago

ah yes quite right .. im not sure then, the enriched biomass ingredients don't appear, all the recipes only require tailings/dirty water

sorry about that

3 years ago

ok thats a bug but it has been fixed just not uploaded yet

3 years ago

fantastic :) ty kindly

New response