PyCoal Touched By an Angel

Seven Mods for the Arch666Angel under the sky, Seventeen for the Bobingabout in their halls of stone, Nine for Pyanodon doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie, One Mod to rule them all, one Mod to find them, One Mod to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Tweaks
a day ago
0.15 - 1.1

g No Path to Glass

4 years ago

I can't figure out a way to get the initial glass for glasware to craft automation science. Am I missing something?
Thank you in advance and keep up the great work!!

4 years ago

Usually from sand or bobmonium. Depends a bit on exactly which mods you have

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes, I noticed that too. (bob + angel + py). In order to get glass from bobmonium, a study that requires a flask is already needed. I understand that the only way to get glass in the beginning is to mine it from quartz deposits, which means that this resource (quartz) cannot be turned off (I wanted to turn off everything except angel ores to make it more difficult). In part, this is what I meant about "accessibility of resources" when I wrote so that it could still be done in fashion.
Can you somehow make it so that you can disable all resources except the resources of an angel? To do this, you must first combine the resources of the mods in the recipes. Secondly, do something with the initial flask. Be careful if you take this. It seems like, for example, titanium in angels is a late resource, and in py - not quite

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I am too using all of bobs, all of angels and all of py's. All ways to aquire glass are locked behind automation science which requires glass to make. Sand is locked behind washing I, the bobmonium/silicon is locked behind metalurgy I or glass smelting I. And the Quarz ore can only be mined with the chrystal mine which requires printed circuit substrates I.
Though as I am writing this. that last way to the chrystal Mine might actually be possible... I'll try it tonight and post here.

4 years ago

Hmm if it is possible it is a ways to go. Havnt gotten as far as i need to.

4 years ago

You should be able to just crush bobmonium and smelt it for glass to start. I'll check on it later

4 years ago

Tried ut. Turns into tin plates.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

you can smelt the sillicon or the Quartz ore i to glass

sillicon coms out of bobmonium smelt it in a furnace

you need a ore sorting facillity

4 years ago

the ore sorting is locked behind the tech ore sorting I which requires automation science which requires glass to make glassware

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

you can still use Quartz ore from py mods if it's enabeld

git with screenshoot for glass

https://github.com/Ldmf/Factorio-Saves/issues/1

4 years ago

@bsaa Yes i figured quartz might be possible. It is still a long way to the chrystalmine. I just wondered wether there is a shorter way.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

in the right of the screenshoot ther is quarz ore its multi colors looks like crystels under the map
hope it will help you
you can mine it with a miner (coal or electro)

4 years ago

hmm icant mine it with a coal miner thats why i sassumed you needed the chrystal mine. i cant place a burner mine

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

will add screenshoot to my github to show you waht i mean
do you have discord? if yes hir is my ID: Ldmf#9873

wow you realy need a cristel mine for quartz dint know it then sorry my error...

4 years ago

Can you pass along the save. We can keep guessing or I can take a look and quickly confirm the path or a bug and if a bug fix it

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

sure whats the best way to get it to you?

Edit: nevermind sent it to you via pm in the forum

4 years ago

ok. i looked it over and you need to make a crystal mine to mine the quartz and it can be done in your mod pack as i went thru the steps to do it. research electricity and then just gather all the materials. once you have the crystal mine just get the quartz and stick it in a furnace to make the glass you need.

4 years ago

thank you

4 years ago

I had something similar happen yesterday. Started a game with full bob, angel, en py and this mod (and some AAI, I think). I couldn't get to glass, because the crystal mine requires steel bearings. And I can't make those yet, because I need red science, that I can't make because it needs glass. I googled around and something in the release notes a while back. So maybe this bug/lock came back?

New response