PyCoal Touched By an Angel

Seven Mods for the Arch666Angel under the sky, Seventeen for the Bobingabout in their halls of stone, Nine for Pyanodon doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie, One Mod to rule them all, one Mod to find them, One Mod to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Tweaks
2 days ago
0.15 - 1.1

b SpaceX.lua file not accounting for 'result' field without a 'results' field

5 years ago

I've been trying to write a compatibility mod for PyCoalTBaA and the Circuit Processing addon for Bob's mods. I've been getting an error from PyCoalTBaA saying Failed to load mods: PyCoalTBaA/updates/SpaceX.lua:291: attempt to index field 'results' (a nil value). I believe that this is because you assume that the 'results' field exists, while some mods instead use the 'result' field instead. I believe this would be easily fixable with a check for which field exists and then using the value that isn't nil.

Also there seems to be a 'k' variable used to index the results field that's been defined in a previous portion of your ifelse statements. It seems to be unrelated to the results field, but it is probably just because I don't understand the full intricacies of your code.

If this is intended for your mod how would you suggest I go about migrating the layout of recipes in order to work with the SpaceX.lua file?

5 years ago

The checks are there the result just needs corrected . That k variable is a mistake that got carried to far. I'm going to fix it tonight.

5 years ago

posted a new update made a few tweaks and added code to handle normal and expansive recipes with multiple results. please update to 0.0.30 and let me know if you have any other issues

5 years ago

Error still exists if i use omnipermute 0.1.6 "https://mods.factorio.com/mod/omnimatter_permutation" no error if only using onmilibrary and omnimatter

5 years ago

I'll look into it but no promises. A few of the omnimods have so serious issue with playing well with others

5 years ago

no problem i'm still using 0.19 of your mod so it's not mandatory for me to get it fixed just wanted it to be notified.

5 years ago

.19? That's a bit out of date. Have you tried it with a more up to date version as I've made some major changes related to this script

5 years ago

Indeed i try avoiding updates to avoid having issues on a map since updating with a lot of (±120 mods) can easily create issues. Back to topic: so the issue exist since version 0.28 (0.29 and 0.30 have the same issue) and 0.27 works fine

5 years ago

Ok. Just making sure it's from the most recent version and I'm not looking for something I had already fixed. I'll get on it asap

5 years ago

ok i took a look and made some tweaks and now i can get omnipermute to load and work for me. please try the update and let me know if its working for you

5 years ago

it's working thx for the fix :)

New response