PyBlock

Pymod edition of a Sea Block style game

Content
7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Pyblock currently broken with the up to date Pyanodon Mods

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi kingarthur,
first off thanks for the work you and others put into the Pyanodon mods.

Currently the up to date mods (doanloaded through Factorio) are not working with PyBlock anymore. No other mods are used, except the Factorio Standard Library.

Error Message:
PyBlock/prototypes/entity.lua: 101: attempt to index field 'crash-site-assembling-machine-1-repaired' (a nil value) stack backtrace:
PyBlock/prototypes/entity.lua: 101: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
PyBlock/data.lua: 24: in main chunk

Do you need any further informtion?

Best regards
Harry

1 year, 6 months ago

this is known. pyblock is not yet updated to py2.0. soon(TM)

1 year, 5 months ago

Same error, lol

1 year, 5 months ago

Hey Kingarthur, got an ETA? Wanting to play PY, hoping this makes it harder as seablock makes bobs and angels harder.

1 year, 4 months ago

Hey Kingarthur, got an ETA? Wanting to play PY, hoping this makes it harder as seablock makes bobs and angels harder.

You can always download the pre-2.0 version of Py's mods to play. That's what I did to continue my save.

1 year, 2 months ago

I'm looking forward to play this mod with 2.0 Py mods too.

1 year, 2 months ago

I'm looking forward to play this mod with 2.0 Py mods too.

Working on it. Soon(tm)

1 year, 2 months ago

With Factorio 1.1, some of the original crash site entities got removed but that can be remedied with another mod. Until a working py2.0 compatible version of PyBlock is available, you can target these mods and versions:

Factorio Crash Site - 1.0.2
Factorio Standard Library - 1.4.8
Pyanodons AlienLife - 1.12.4
Pyanodons Alien Life Graphics - 1.3.3
Pyanodons Alien Life Graphics 2 - 1.1.8
Pyanodons Alien Life Graphics 3 - 1.2.5
Pyanodons Coal Processing - 1.9.3
Pyanodons Coal Processing Graphics - 1.0.9
Pyanodons Fusion Energy - 1.6.7
Pyanodons Fusion Energy Graphics - 1.0.7
Pyanodons High Tech - 1.7.6
Pyanodons HighTech Graphics - 1.1.2
Pyanodons Industry - 1.54
Pyanodons Petroleum Handling - 2.0.6
Pyanodons Petroleum Handling Graphics - 1.0.10
Pyanodons Raw Ores - 2.2.7
Pyanodons Raw Ores Graphics - 1.0.9

The map previewer doesn't work right, but so far the gameplay has been pretty stable for me with Factorio 1.1.76. Seeing some great progress on github for a new version, so looking forward to the future! Thank you @kingarthur for all your work on this.

1 year, 2 months ago

Thank you for working on the update! Looking forward to playing it.

1 year, 1 month ago

ok 2.0 beta-ish is out. its functional as far as testing has shown but its still ongoing to some major balance to make early game have less suck

1 year, 29 days ago

Thank you for the update.

Yes... the early game seems super tedious now. Looking forward to make it a bit easier.

1 year, 16 days ago

Super looking forward to try it once you guys finish balancing!

8 months ago

Did this still need a rebalance? I'm okay if it's just "harder" than before. I'm just concerned that it could be prohibitively frustrating. Anyone have an opinion?

8 months ago

Did this still need a rebalance? I'm okay if it's just "harder" than before. I'm just concerned that it could be prohibitively frustrating. Anyone have an opinion?

its probably a bit more difficult than it needs to be at the start. ive made a few tweaks with this most recent release of 2.0.1 and i plan to make some more soon

7 months ago

I just restarted but i cant seem to get ash which is needed to get any science packs. Anyone has any ideas?

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Are you saying chimneys no longer produce it?

7 months ago

No i was looking at the wrong thing apparently, ash gets made from coal.

7 months ago

No i was looking at the wrong thing apparently, ash gets made from coal.

I literally had to return to this thread to find this, because I encountered the same problem and could not figure out how to produce ash either, but I remember you mentioned it.

New response