Prospector

by Mylon

Adds prospecting to enrich ore patches. Extends the lifetime of ore patches with some investment, but comes with the drawback of making mining slower.

Content
10 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

g Prospecting turns ores into items?

2 years ago

When I plop down a mk 2 prospector to enrich a field of ores, it sometimes instead turn ores into a single item on the ground, imagine my surprise when a 2 mil vein turned into about 450 single ore pieces....
Mods that show changing ore patches are: Space Exploration, Krastorio 2, Alien Biomes, cursed filter mining drill. I also have Vtek deep core mining

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue in my current game... when I placed the prospectors near a depleted patch, instead of turning the depleted ore into new veins, new items seem to spawn in the ground marked for deconstruction.

Inspecting the depleted ore patches the other mod that seems to be affecting it is Alien biomes, not sure if that's significant or not.

Also, I'm running a Angel & Bobs game atm, and I'm running low on coal on the starter patch, so I kinda need the prospector to work, else this run will be dead very quickly :(

New response