Prospector

by Mylon

Adds prospecting to enrich ore patches. Extends the lifetime of ore patches with some investment, but comes with the drawback of making mining slower.

Content
10 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

b Issues with IndustrialRevolution mod and depleted ore fields.

4 years ago

Hello,

I observed three problems with this mod:

1)
The 'electric mining drill' from Industrial Revolution when placed on a mixed field of 'depleted Coal' and 'Coal' (which obviously happens after mining a while) switches to 'prospecting' and just show 'missing required fluid' and stops working instead of mining the remaining coal.
--> game breaking

2)
Note: Only tested in sandbox with 'all tech' cheat (didn't got so far in the normal game):
If there is only 'depleted Coal' left I cannot place the Prospector or Prospector MK2 anymore as it shows 'Prospector can't mine this resource'
--> could be avoided by keep some normal 'coal'

3)
Note: Only tested in sandbox with 'all tech' cheat (didn't got so far in the normal game):
After I converted all 'coal' to 'coal vain' with the Prospector I tried to place a Prospector MK2 and the game crashed with this popup text:
Error MainLoop.cpp:1195: Exception at tick 18539: The mod Prospector caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Prospector::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Prospector/control.lua:275: bad argument #2 of 2 to 'find' (string expected, got no value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'find'
Prospector/control.lua:275: in function <Prospector/control.lua:246>

Used versions:
factorio: 0.17.59
IndustrialRevolution 0.99.7
Prospector 1.0.9

4 years ago

These are some big bugs! Thank you for finding them and I'll get on it.

4 years ago

All fixed!

4 years ago

thanks seems indeed to work fine now.

New response