Prospector

by Mylon

Adds prospecting to enrich ore patches. Extends the lifetime of ore patches with some investment, but comes with the drawback of making mining slower.

Content
10 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

g I love the idea of your mod, but...

7 years ago

First of all: please, for the love of god, DON'T combine two different things in one mod. The fracking is a lovely idea, but in my opinion, it's a mod on its own. I do want the prospecting/deeper mining, but I really don't want the mandatory fracking. Why would I have to be forced to use either both, or none? Please, split them up.

Second: In my opinion, the tier 3 miners are way too polluting. I haven't done any tests, but i don't seem to get a huge increase in yield from a patch compared to vanilla, but my pollution is through the roof, making it pretty much impossible for me to defend against biters (base is not set up for these amounts).

Finally a question: When placing mk2 prospectors and mk3 miners on a virgin ore patch, do you get the same amount of resources as when going through all stages (vanilla miners, mk1 prospectors, mk1 miners, etc.)?

7 years ago

Fracking isn't necessary. You can tap oil wells until they're dry and move on. Just like what you can do with prospecting.

I'm still working on balance and tier 3 miners probably do produce too much pollution. Actually I should see how much net power a tier 3 miner on coal produces.

As for prospecting ore with Mk 2 prospectors, yes, you get the tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 ore.

New response