Production Scrap

All items produce industrial waste, which must be re-utilized or re-incinerated in furnaces

Content
6 years ago
Manufacturing

i Additional waste items

6 years ago

Cool mod.

I would suggest that the "waste" item be more related to the item being produced.
- most processes that use iron plate (for e.g.) could have a small chance to give back a plate.
- it might be also interesting if you also had a "garbage" (slag or something) item that you sometimes had to deal with (could be used as fuel, stored, used for landfill [although that landfill recipe might cause more pollution to create.])

6 years ago

Thats a great idea... we could do a waste line of production , with a lot of pollution but making useful items... even the iron plate or something have to be processed to be recycle.

A fuel production, polluted landfill, recycling used materials... that will be the next step

6 years ago

I'm making all the machines go generating their own scraps, then we'll figure out what to do with them ..

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DBGC0On6utM/Ws1Nd9-DL2I/AAAAAAAAeSw/3Ji_hpaq7ZoQw_FdKTZgHi4rtWpgweasgCLcBGAs/s1600/factchild2.png

6 years ago

Nice. perhaps a way to "clean" (involving acids) or remelt (maybe a reaaaly high power arc furnace) and retrieve the material (with more waste of course, but maybe a more useless/"compressed" version of it).

6 years ago

Well ... I'm on this path, thank you ... I just programmed this one and the acid really made it special ... picking up an insert-scrap for example, we transform it into circuit-scrap and iron-scrap, using water and acid, generating water-waste,

iron-scrap have to be re-smelted
circuit-scrap have to be disassembled too

Water-waste is used to generate scrap in a water-treatment recipe in chemical plant, an item we can turn into 1.scrap-chest, 2.scrap-landmine, 3.scrap-landfill, 4.scrap-granade, 5.solid-fuel (your idea) :)

6 years ago

as the mod just came out a bit of vanilla, I created version 2 here :) https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ProductionScrap2/downloads

New response