Powerfloor deprecated

by OwnlyMe

Conductive concrete to power your structures.

5 years ago

g Great Idea

5 years ago

I love the idea of this but sadly the graphics aren't that great, What I would love tho is if you made it where you could just combine concrete and copper cables to make powered concrete that will hook up to the power system.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

the graphics are already the best i could make, and i personally like them a lot..
can you clarify what you dislike about them?
can you please clarify your other suggestion too? do you mean building them like normal concrete (would be difficult -> either half the graphic size or weird script logic with a limitation that forces it to always be parallel) or the crafting cost?

5 years ago

I thing it isn't that much hard to make ... maybe how it would look like when placed down.
What I would do is to grab the concreat image and an image with some copper cable effect, made like a mesh, and then combine those two layers with a bit of transparency or what ever else suits (depending if Gimp or PS is used but both is possible ;) ).

This sould end up in a concreat with copper effect that should then be hooked up into the electric network, to deliver electricity to all buildings, which consuming them.

If you don't mind, I can try to make such an image and maybe it is fine enough to be used in this mod.

For the recipie I would suggest the following:

2x Concreat (normal ones, not harzardous), 4x Coppercable, 1x Basic Circuit Board and 25x Sulfuric Acid should then result in 2x Powerfloor

This would resolve the speed multiplier problem, which you have for know and maybe other problems ;)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

hmm okay.. i actually wouldn't want to change the general looks of the mod.
maybe i could make a second mod with different tiles, because such a system would differ in too many ways from the one in this mod so it doesn't make too much sense to integrate it in this one.
actually there already is a similar mod, called "powered floor". it does quite exactly what you describe.
he just forgot to add the properties draw_copper_wires = false, draw_circuit_wires = false, to his electric-poles

5 years ago

Indeed he forgott about those properties but maybe it is intended?

Which many ways are there? Can't get them, only the way, your mod doing it thinking face

5 years ago

Unable to use construction robot to lay

5 years ago

I liked the idea of a “mk2” concrete that could power what there is on it. And why not a “mk3” concrete that powers things and logistic signal. So it’s kinda a mıx of your mod and the power floor mod

New response