Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Filter out whatever if on the toolbar

8 months ago

Would it be possible to only display items that are NOT already displayed in the toolbar?

Thanks.

5 months ago

This is something I'd really like to see in the mod also! No need to display those twice. Even if they are on an inactive quickbar I think it'd be fine to not show them in this menu.

Thanks for making a really cool mod :)

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

do to api limitations I don't think this is possible. will look into it though and relay it to the author (very good friend of mine on discord)

2 months ago

I was able to filter out quickbar items in a mod I made (inspired by this one) if you'd like to check that code

2 months ago

Oh that is neat! Crazy that my mod actually inspired the creation of another. I may have to actually try to implement something like that now, tho it is pretty hard to remember how my mod works sometimes. I think i would need to have an array of entity names to somehow skip making a button of.

One question is: do you exclude items on any hotbar, or just the 2/etc hotbars that are currently shown?

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Mine exludes all items on all the player's quickbar rows! There is a method for "get active quickbar page", though I didn't test it out when I was working on it, so I'm not sure if it can be used to check if a bar is active :/

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/classes/LuaPlayer.html#get_active_quick_bar_page

2 months ago

Mine exludes all items on all the player's quickbar rows!
is your version available for download?

New response