Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i [Possibility?] Exclude items on hotbar

3 years ago

If I already have belts and inserts on my main hotbar, I don't need them showing up here as well. Just an idea to reduce clutter!

Thanks

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

There is to ways to interpret this request, and I would like to make both an option:
1 - Hide anything on currently shown quickbar rows from showing on the Placeables GUI
2 - Hide anything on any quickbar row from showing on the Placeables GUI

I believe you are asking for the first option. Unfortunately option 1 is currently a lot more difficult to implement than option 2 due to performance issues because I cant not easily tell when a player changes the displayed quickbar rows.

I submitted a request for a addition to the modding API to make implementing option 1 more possible: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89510
Even if the request is approved, it wont be available until the next update to Factorio.

Option 2 is a lot more possible though, and I may eventually start working on getting that feature available.

3 years ago

also waiting for this

New response