Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Can't/Won't Fix] window keeps moving

3 years ago

placeables window keeps moving to different location after i use alt tab this seems to only happen when factorio in full screen mode. Can this be fixed?

3 years ago

Hmmm, that Is a weird issue...
I wasn't able to reproduce it on my end, if I could get a video of this happening it might help.
Does it always move to the same location?

3 years ago

Ok, after looking at that I'm 98% sure that its not my mod that is doing that, but some other mod is.
Some mod seems to think your screen resolution is changing, and is forcibly moving my window accordingly. I have some checks to move the window on my end but the shown behavior doesn't match my mod's behavior.

I never programmed an active check for screen resolution changes (something I forgot to do). It only can move in certain cases when in quickbar mode, that is when the button on the right is orange. (You should give quickbar mode a try since you were using the mod on the bottom side of the screen though)

This doesn't mean I don't want to figure out how to fix this though. I do not like that some other mod is incorrectly messing with my mod. I am determined to figure out what is causing this.

Please, can you send me a copy of your save file? It will tell me what mods you have installed and hopefully I will be able to solve this mystery.

3 years ago

I tested without any mod but Placeables and the issue still happened. However turns out there is one option in (settings/graphics) 'Minimize on focus loss' which I usually have enabled and on my current resolution 2560 x 1440 causes the bug. The bug did not happen on lower resolutions.

This weird behavior/bug seems to happen to any movable window since i noticed that even FNEI and Helmod would get re-positioned after alt tab.
Maybe there is a bug in that setting that the developers could do something about.
I guess i have to choose between 'minimize on focus loss' or adjusting Placeables very often.

3 years ago

Woah, yeah with both fullscreen and minimize on focus turned on, I have a similar effect with my game, though the effect is not as severe. My monitor is also 1440p when testing this.

This is an absolutely crazy bug, and yeah it seems to affect other mod GUI's as well.

I will write a bug report to the devs. I may be able to hack some sort of fix in but I'm unsure

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

There does not seem to be much chance of a fix on Factorio's end happening.

I have spent like 6 hours tearing my head out trying to make a janky fix but I have been unable to create a satisfying solution to this problem. The solution 'mostly' works but it causes a slight performance hit and its inconsistent for other instances of the screen resolution changing.

Thus, I'm not gonna officially publish any fix related to this problem :(

But for you personally I have a link for the 'mostly working' fix. Hopefully it solves your issue. Sorry that I can't do any more than this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qza7vt4oe3ve97c/Placeables_0.9.31.zip?dl=0

3 years ago

Nice this version minimizes the issue a lot.
Very handy mod thanks for all your efforts.

New response