Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i [Maybe Someday?] Filter based on item type

3 years ago

Perhaps being able to filter what items are shown could be useful.

Maybe based on presets/categories like belts, chests, trains, combinators. Some ideas about categories:
Belts - all belts, underground belts and splitters.
Pipes - pipes, underground pipes, tanks, pumps
Chests - all storage containers, maybe including logistic chests (or they can be in a separate category)
Inserters
Trains - locomotives, tracks, stations, signals, cargo, tank and artillery wagons
Combinators - all combinators, red and green wire, programmable speaker
Electric distribution - power poles and substations
Logistics - roboports and logistic/construction robots
Turrets - all turrets. Maybe ammo, but it isn't placeable and to be honest I'd rather have it on my quickbar.
Power production - everything related to power productions - boilers, steam engines, nuclear reactors, heat pipes, heat exchangers, turbines, solar panels and accumulators. Or maybe split it 3 separate categories. I am not sure how feasible it is to identify modded power producers though.
Tiles
Furnaces
Others/Default - everything else

For selecting categories I suggest either a dropdown list or a new, separate dialog with checkboxes (and let the users select multiple categories). You could also have per player settings to enable/disable each category and if disabled merge it to the default.

Another feature suggestion - sorting/grouping based on (the above) categories . This can be in addition to filtering but it can be standalone.

3 years ago

This is an idea that may happen eventually. I'm still pretty new to modding in general and right now its a constant fight against bugs and getting gains in performance at the moment.

It's legit a great idea, It just would take a large amount of time to do (for a noob like me)
But someday!... maybe :)

New response