Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Thank

3 years ago

Thank you very much for the mod. It's exactly what I want

3 years ago

Feel free to give back a bug
The current test, continuous operations such as placing stone bricks on the ground, dropped frames. The ups and fps dropped from 60 to around 25 in an instant, and the speed was restored until the left mouse button was released to stop laying the ground. I guess it is because your mod is always detecting the number of bricks, which causes computational burden.

3 years ago

Ah, good catch! I'm now planning a kinda big rewrite of some of the code to increase performance, but It may have to wait until tomorrow, I need to sleep soon. Thanks for the info!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I spent like several hours doing a pretty big attempt at optimization...
I think its atleast a bit better now. I'ts not a major improvement but it should be atleast noticeable when spamming concrete to some degree.
I still plan on doing more optimization later on with some different ideas. I'm still pretty new at modding in general so I'm a bit slow though.
Give it a go though!

3 years ago

Tested, the problem still exists. Ups and fps are not dropped as much as before, and now continuous placement of buildings (rails, floor tiles), etc. will still cause ups and fps to drop by about 10. Still need to optimize, because I am playing PY mod, your mod is especially suitable for py, you can find items quickly. But optimization still needs to be researched.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have done a major optimization run, It should be almost 3 times faster now! :)
Amazing how much performance can be gained by not running a loop 3000 times every time your inventory changes :P

New response