Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Gui moving offscreen

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

(Oops didn't finish writing the title)

Fantastic mod! I've been looking for something like this since the new quickbar come out. Here is a suggestion (or possible bug):

When the bar is minimized in quickbar mode, and new rows of items are added and the minimized bar is moved up. This is annoying because the title bar is moved around. And also I can even get it to move off the screen. So in quickbar mode I would like it if the items extend up from the title and the title bar is locked in place. Instead of right now where the title bar is moved up to allow for the items to have room to be shown.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Also it would be cool if you could make it so I could filter items. Like I almost never need to build with copper wire and the same with robots. And wiith the robots going in and out of my inventory, this causes the list to update/rearrange which is annoying.

And possibly have an option for making multiple lists? And be able to filter which items go in which list.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Oh dang! Good catch! I will work on fixing that bug right away!
Also i didnt realize robots would be included in the list, ill look into removing those

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Okay, I think it is all fixed!
When in quickbar mode, it should no longer move when the window is collapsed.
Also removed the robots from the list, hopefully it works for most/all modded construction/logistics bots too, let me know!
I may remove copper wire from the list later as well

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Oops accidently posted that message twice

3 years ago

Awesome, thanks! Its no longer moves when expanding in quickbar mode and modded robots don't show up (I have bob's).

However it is still possible for the box to expand off the screen though. Like if I accidentally expand the list in quickbar mode when the bar is at the top of the screen. The title bar moved up out of bounds of my screen. The keybind is the only way to get it back. And similarly if not in quickbar mode and the bar is at the bottom of the screen it expands down, although this isn't as big of a problem (and might not even need to be fixed) because the title bar is still visible and the box can be moved up.

3 years ago

Ohhh, I never though about the top of the screen, that should be fixable, give me another few mins :)

3 years ago

The going above the top of the screen while in quickbar mode issue should be fixed now. I never tested that cause I always would use that mode near the bottom of the screen XD

Quickbar mode is one of the more complex parts of this mod, there's a lot of calculations going on to keep the bottom position locked in place >.<

Thanks again for the quick bug reports! :)

3 years ago

Thanks for the speedy fixes

New response