Factorio mod (previously named as Lamps On Map for Factorio 0.14.x) that shows Pixels on the map with enabled circuit colors, tracking any changes in real-time. Mod adds new entity to the game called Pixel and a set of different color Tiles. When placed, Pixel will also place colored Tile under itself to be able to show the color on the map directly. Updates happening every 3-4th tick, but be careful and don't spam a lot of Pixels - maximum value depends on your PC hardware.
WARNING: There's no iterational checkup implemented yet, meaning that all pixels are being processed at a time. So it is not recommended to create more than 1500 Pixels for now.
Leave your feedback or suggestion on Forum. The older version can be downloaded there as well.
- Added a new Pixel property 'id' to access unit_number directly without calling entity.unit_number to avoid invalid calls
- Entity validation added to checkup to fix game crash trying accessing invalid objects
- Updated mod to 0.18.x
- Reworked the whole codebase
- Multiplayer fixed (no desync message)
- Color is read from lamp instead of circuit (performance boost)
- All lamps checkup instead of chunk-based (downgrade for multiplayer work)
- New Item introduced - Light Emitting Diode
- Mod Settings introduced
- Old tile is not stored anymore, using "Backing Tile" API-property instead (performance boost)
- Small fixes to tile placement and loading mechanism, now you can use any tile that you want (if it can be placed on ground) without exceptions
- Basic functionality with updating lamps, refreshing colors, redraw mechanism and saving each 2000 ticks to global (to be removed).