Persistant Blueprints

by mrvn

Places copies of a blueprint that change when the blueprint is edited.

Content
4 years ago
Blueprints

g Custom Construction Area sizes

4 years ago

Hello,

great mod! Literally what I was looking for for some time.

I play the mod Krastorio and have designed a base that can support 4 rocket launches and generates 1.1K sciences per minute.

As I am now growing the game, I started clearing areas and duplicating the one large base.

Sometimes a design has to be changes and I have to do this on all 4 (10 in future) entities of the base.

So your mod is the perfect solution for this.

I would like to suggest, if one could define the size of the construction area.
I would obviously have a "master base" and then from there the 10 slave bases.

As the base gets large, it would be nice to be able to walk faster (much faster) in your Persistant Planner.
For that the mod Krastorio adds tiles and I have also some modified exoskeletons.

The mod tag teleport works within the world of Persistant Planner, so that is a good workaround,
obviously having the same personal equipment as in the "real world" would be great.

Thank you for your time to make this mod!

4 years ago

I would hope that the 15x15 chunk areas would be large enough for pretty much anything sensible. Placing overly large blueprints become problematic because you can't see the sides to get the alignment right. Even with mods like infinizoom to zoom out enough being off by one pixel easily places the blueprint on the wrong tile. So I'm not sure if larger sizes would be that practical. Would be better to split your base into multiple smaller parts.

Note though that you can make your own blueprints of the whole base containing multiple persistant blueprint slaves if you later just want to copy the whole thing. And persistant blueprints can overlap if you are careful not to have buildings at the same place.

As for walking around faster I hope you noticed the hazard concrete pads that teleport you to the next construction area. That lets you reach the right area quickly. As for personal equipment simply build some. The prototype area has cheat mode on so it costs no resources to build a modular armor and stick a reactor and exoskeletons in it. The character is preserved between visits so the equipment should too.

4 years ago

Thanks for your answer.

I have considered your suggestions and also noticed the teleport.

I am placing large blueprints that are a multiple of the screen through making a cross mark on the ground first.
It works quite well for duplicating a base with 10000 entities.

Thank you very much for the work at your mod and if the chunk areas increase in a later version at some point, I will be very happy to return to it.

New response