Pavement Drive Assist

Introduces a driver assistance system that autonomously follows paved roads, while maintaining a preset cruise speed if desired. AAI comptible?

Content
6 years ago
Logistics

g What's is/will-be the Difference?

6 years ago

Between THIS "Pavement Drive Assist" mod and this one: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arcitos/PavementDriveAssist ?
Regards,
~B

6 years ago

At the moment it breaks your game XD. I'm working off edits by bitbased that allow AAI vehicles to work with PDA. He didn't upload a completed version of his edits so I'm trying to make it work with zero modding experience. Its been uploaded here so I can get a group of my friends to help with testing it.

6 years ago

Earendel is one of my friends. Do you need any help?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Why do people publish mods that might break stuff? I'm a developer myself so I understand pushing code that isn't quite there, but I try not to make that available in my mainstream repos as to... well hahaha not break stuff.

Do they have a static checker to make sure people don't do crazy FS stuff w/ Lua?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

@HydrogenSonata Let me know if you need any help, I had it basically working before 0.16, I can send a zip of it for 0.15. Might be useful for the mod portal/confusion to change up the mod title a bit tho. Hopefully, AAI will update to 0.16 soon!!

@mfmeitbual the game itself sandboxes Lua from the file system and network (basically a static checker), so Factorio Lua only allows access to a special folder and not the actual raw game save folder or any others ... mods can't permanently break a game unless you save over your backup game file (which you should make any time you add a new mod :D), so it's good to test an experimental mod, so mod devs can get feedback ... just don't save over your existing file, save with a new filename. (More guidance from the Factorio mod portal, like maybe a "Beta" indicator or something would be nice tho)

New response