Patchwork Overhaul

by nobake

This modpack combines a bunch of standalone mods with the intention to create a full game overhaul comparable to some of the more well-known big mods. New resources, mining and smelting, oil processing, power, science, and more.

Mod packs
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Echo Previous Post Thoughts

2 years ago

This looks very interesting and I’ll be starting a playthrough later this evening. I’ll take your recommendations you gave in the details and see how it goes. If you have any other tips, please call them out to me now! 😎

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

If you don't play with a quick start / early bots mod, I would recommend researching Lumberjack and Arborium quickly. Otherwise you'll probably go crazy from chopping trees all day.
Other than that I would say just approach it like you would any other big modpack and let me know how it goes. I've just started my own map with this new version as well (of course I did testing, but not a full playthrough yet).

There might be one thing I need to fix today. MadClown's Science and the Science Bottles mods weren't working together. I reported it to Jackzie (author of Science Bottles), but since I didn't know how responsive he would be I went ahead and fixed it in Stitching. Turns out Science Bottles got updated within hours, so I most likely need to remove my fix.

Edit: One last important thing - brevven's Aluminum mod is very new and could see breaking changes as he updates it. I included it both because I like it in it's current state and to get to a final mod list. But since it is technically alpha, you may want to keep an eye on changelogs, don't update it, or leave it out.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Perfect, okay. Totally understand and I’ll keep an eye out. Excited to get going on this later today.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I forget sometimes how much work can go into trying to get mods/modpacks to work with itself, let alone the amount of other mods (QoL majority) there are. The first issue I ran into was (https://imgur.com/a/nb8H4uP). After removing void_info from the mix, I then ran into the next error (https://imgur.com/a/5cUcNfZ). Since the 2nd error looks to be based more around all the dependences, I'm not sure where to go next. Of course I tried to select 'Reset Mod Settings' in an attempt to correct any lingering issues but to no avail. Any tips? Any idea?

Edit 1: I disabled all mods and ONLY selected the Patchwork Overhaul (which selected all dependences) and the same error (https://imgur.com/a/5cUcNfZ) still proceeds.

Edit 2: If I disable MadClown01's Science, I am able to load all other mods. So your 'Fix' you put in looks to be the issue. Can you revert back, please? ;)

Edit 3: In case I didn't give you enough details, I have another error I can pull out of my arsenal :) https://imgur.com/a/bUnWcin

2 years ago

Just uploaded a new version of the Stitching mod with the MadClown + Science Bottle fix removed. Everything now works on my end with everything from this modpack loaded.

I'm not seeing the last error regarding Hexi's mod. If you're still seeing it I'll try to look into it, but like I said it works for me.

2 years ago

Okay, give me a couple hours to get everything going again. I’ll let you know either way how I proceed into getting the modpack to load (and hopefully give you a list of all the mods that load).

2 years ago

Regarding the void_info error, I see a report on that mod's discussion about the same thing happening with SE. Looks like there's nothing to be done about that.

2 years ago

Void info is helpful but not important enough for me to ever care if it was enabled or not. Never any worries about stuff like that.

2 years ago

Okay, I have everything loaded and currently working. Didn't get too far tonight but I'll have more time tomorrow. Below is the list of mods:

Actual_Craft_Time
Arborium_Renewed
base
blast_mining
bobinserters
Burner_Drill_4x4_Area
bzaluminum
bzfoundry
bzlead
bzsilicon
bztitanium
bztungsten