Orbital Ion Cannon

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18
Combat

b Error in 1.0 + massive lag

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've added the Ion cannon mod to my server and noticed that once I researched the tech finally, there was a noticeable lag. Looking at the server console, I see nothing but this spammed constantly:
1159.771 Script @stdlib/stdlib/area/chunk.lua:38: WARNING: Area for Position not found in package.loaded
Removing the Ion Cannon mod eliminates this error from spamming the console. Also, while this is spammed, I cannot connect to my server. Removing the mod (which removes the ion cannons and the tech from the save) makes it where I can connect again. Adding the mod back adds about a 7 second lag while I'm connected versus not having the mod. Researching the tech again makes the error show in massive amounts and increases lag substantially. Before re-researching the tech, I did cheat in 10 or so ion cannons pre-tech and the error did not show in the console and there did not seem to be a lag difference having the cannons pre-tech-researched. (Of course, I did not have a targeting device nor was auto-targeting researched at this point...)

3 years ago

Just checking in to see if there's an update on an ETA to fix this.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Still the same issue.. Is this mod dead ?

New response