Orbital Ion Cannon

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18
Combat

i Toggle Auto-Lock

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

If you're still doing work on this mod, I have only one small request, give us a toggle for the auto-targeting. I like building the really awesome stuff and blowing up biters up close and personal, but I also like massive overkill. Having 4 cannons active was making the shots come often enough that only small bases could even exist within radar range (I use Big Brother as well so the effective targeting range at max upgrades is GINORMOUS). And then for only a moment or two before one the cannons said "ZOT!".

If this isn't possible, I suppose I'll have to make sure I don't research auto-targeting and just blow up bases manually (more fun anyway).

EDIT: I found the setting in the map tab of mod options but I was wondering if there was a way to put the toggle on the GUI itself. Not really a must-have, but would be a little less annoying than going through 3 menus to toggle it on and off. If no, it's fine. The mod is awesome the way it is anyway.

5 years ago

This is a good idea, so I've duplicated the setting in the mod dialog as you suggested. Version 1.7.0 with this feature should be out soon.

5 years ago

Awesomesauce. Thanks for working on this again.

New response