Orbital Ion Cannon

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18
Combat

g Cheat options too visible?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I love this mod, many thanks for making it!

I have just one gripe: I think the cheat options are too visible and too readily available in the GUI. All the functionality is just fine to have, but preferably under the mod options or config files or wherever - just not in the game gui.

It takes away the satisfaction and gameplay function of collecting ingredients and building the thing, or building several of them, if you have a "cheat and just launch 100 of these immediately" button sitting right there in your face all the time. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I'm guessing it might be an issue there as well.

Might you consider making the cheats less visible in the next version? I think the mod would integrate with normal gameplay much better that way.

Other than that, it's 100% awesomeness!

5 years ago

Yeah, they are a bit too visible. I've gated them behind an additional Mod Setting in the next update, which is disabled by default. This means you have to specifically click through a few menus now, which should curtail the obviousness factor.

New response