Orbital Ion Cannon

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18
Combat

g Radars don't seem to be marking hives for auto destruction

6 years ago

I have researched Auto-Targeting along with the Orbital Ion Cannon. When new hives are discovered via a radar they are not marked for destruction and the Orbital Ion cannon has never fired automatically. Does anyone have any ideas as to if this functionality isn't working anymore?

6 years ago

How many ion cannons do you have in orbit? In version 1.5.2, a new mod setting, "Minimum Cannons Ready Before Auto-Targeting" was added, which allows you to keep a couple ion cannons always ready for manual targeting. This could be what is preventing automated targeting.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I've got 252 cannons in orbit. It does autotarget, but never more than one cannon at a time. So the map looks like this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ri8stk2907fb7d/Screenshot%202018-03-22%2018.23.25.png?dl=0

All that clear space to the west was cleared manually. The east is how it looks if I don't clear apart from around the rails. Railworld, so they don't build new nests much.

New response