Orbital Ion Cannon

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18
Combat

i My dream

6 years ago

Super cool mod, it would be cool if we could have automated Ion Cannon Firing. The game is all about automation right? Here are a the two possible ways I thought this could work.

i) Canons may be set in geosynchronous orbit above a certain area, and will auto fire on aliens. This could work like a very late game defense system, or more likely used to prevent biters from reclaiming a base.

ii) Cannons are still in geosynchronous orbit but have some ability to move. Cannon will automatically search for nearest spawner or worm to it that can be seen by radar and fuck it up. In this case Cannons will have an actual x,y location in the game and will move to fire on the enemy. This seems a bit ridiculous but at this point in the game one could also just run through it with a swarm of destroyer bots. It would also be nice to add support for controlling where individual cannons or groups of cannons stay.

New response