Obelisks-of-light

by Gouitsu

Ive added 4 new obelisks based off Tiberium wars. They now rotate after placement thanks to co creator of Factorio and conquer Tberian Dawn, thank you randomflyingtaco. go check out their mod!! Hero Turrets 1.1.20 and Obelisks of light are now compatible thanks to some Honktown magic.

Content
2 years ago
Combat

i Research increases damage

2 years ago

Hello,

I like your mod very much.

It would be nice if the damage increases with research

into energy weapon damage.

Regards SpoonGER

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

thankyou I will look into why it is not already and try implement it.

2 years ago

Ive just released a Replica soviet tesla coil mod too you might enjoy.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I just saw it, very cool. I'll look at it in a moment.

2 years ago

could you make the recipes a little more expensive and use them to adapt your towers for the late game?

Maybe: 5x laser towers + x + x = obelisk

same or slightly more damage as laser towers but more

power consumption and longer range (38 is ok)
2 years ago

so I did a 5v5 turret fight obelisks vs laser turret and the obelisks win reasonably well so damage is there maybe a lil bump, as for the recipe, for sure I can make it harder. I dont wanna make the range op does say 42 range plus 25% more power sound reasonable? I plan to recreate the french grand cannon at some point maybe.

2 years ago

Ive added the research you asked for.

2 years ago

Hi
this mod is really cool. i love seeing the cnc and other rts's ilove content added to factorio.
i would like to add my 2cents and/or constructive critism, i really hope i dont offend.

i too think these towers are far to cheap. consideringtheir range and power.
i play with research and things costing more and i think the oblisks might not be working with that as their research cost for the amount of power it gives them is way out of balance. my guess would be to dial the power back to about 20% of what it is, or make the idle power reqs atleast quadruple or the attack power per level of research alot less.

another note i think would be a great improvement is to get rid of the 2 instances and have them rotatable instead.

also ive noticed their lighting is a bit off especially at night.

i love your mod and am very grateful for the time you have spent making it. fantastic work.

p.s. these are just my opinions take it or leave it. im not a pro factorio player by anymeans so its possibly im missing somthing or being stupid about other mechanics

2 years ago

sorry for not responding sooner, Its been a while since I played factorio I will adjust the settings but I was not happy with the sprites so I prioritized making better ones hope you enjoy them.

New response