Eveything Narrative's Nuclear Tweaks for Nicer Ratios
This is a standalone mod to reduce the difficulty associated with nuclear power by making
the numbers nice and round.
The downside is a somewhat higher fuel consumption.
It contains the following changes:
- Nuclear reactors no longer waste fuel when at maximum temperature.
- Nuclear reactors produce 60 MW of power instead of 40 MW, meaning a
single uranium fuel cell of 8GJ lasts exactly 8000 ticks, or 133⅓ seconds.
- All vanilla heat interfaces operate at a maximum temperature of 1015°C, which is
exactly 1000°C above ambient temperature.
- The maximum temperature of steam has likewise been raised to 1015°C.
- Heat exchangers produce steam at 515°C, exactly 500°C above ambient temperature
for an energy density of a round 10kJ per unit nuclear steam.
- Heat exchangers exchange 12MW of heat energy and 120 units of water into 120 units of 515°C steam per second.
- Steam turbines convert 60 units of steam per second into 6 MW of power.
- The neighbor bonus has been reduced to 50%, meaning each interface between two
reactors counts as one additional reactor, rather than two.
The ratios are as follows:
|Reactors||Heat Exchangers||Steam Turbines||Offshore Pumps||Power Output|
|2 × n + 4||25 × n + 40||50 × n + 80||2.5 × n + 4||(300 × n + 480) MW|