Noxys Trees

by _Noxy_

Makes the trees spread slowly but also die off with certain condition. Made to be performant and multiplayer friendly. Very configurable.

5 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Industrial Revolution

4 years ago

IR have sapling.
Can you make a way to I plant this saplings?

4 years ago

I've considered adding saplings in the past but never implemented them since they have the potential to become very cheaty. The automatic growing of trees is pretty much limited per chunk so can not be abused much to reduce pollution. Allowing the player to place saplings makes it possible to just fill a chunk to the brim with trees thus making the chunk suck up way more pollution than a standard game allows.

With this potential cheatyness I'm not sure if I should add a sapling or another way to grow trees. If you can give me more reasons to implement a sapling I'll think about it again.

4 years ago

Here what I think. Find saplings cutting trees is something ~10%. I have to cut a lot to find one... The sapling production in the IR, also is very slow...like 1 per 600 sec
After plant the sapling, should yet wait to grow...
Yah...could be cheating, but considering I create too much pollution, 1, 10 or a 100 when is done, is nothing...

New response