by _Noxy_

Change stack size of most items.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Storage

g Not working with Solid Rocket Fuel from K2+SE

1 year, 10 months ago

Have K2+SE installed and I can't get Solid Rocket Fuel to stack beyond 10. The weird thing is that the Stack Size Indicator mod shows it having a stack size of 2000 even though that is not honored. The full mod queue is Base Mod > Space Exploration > Krastorio 2 > Noxy's Stack Size Multiplier > Stack Size Tooltip > Krastorio 2 > Space Exploration Postprocessing.

1 year, 10 months ago

Well based on what you are telling me I can see that my mod is working perfectly because the tooltip mod is reporting the correct size and is processed after my mod.

The blame must then be with either one of the two mods being processed after the tooltip mod which are: Krastorio 2 or Space Exploration Postprocessing.

I'm not sure that this is an issue my mod has to fix as the mod already uses the "right" way to increase the stack sizes. The only option that can be tried is to add a optional dependency. I don't have your modpack (and don't really want to recreate it based on your report) to test if this works so maybe you can do that yourself?

If you extract my mod in your mod folder you can tweak the info.json file to add the optional dependency in and report back back if that works.

1 year, 10 months ago

Thanks for the reply. What do I look for/do in the info.json file? I'm a programmer, but inexperienced in Factorio modding.

1 year, 10 months ago

Nevermind. I took a look at the file and I see what you are talking about. I'll give that a try later.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

adding optional dependencies in info.json works.
"? Krastorio2 >= 1.2.0",
"? space-exploration-postprocess >= 0.5.20",

1 year, 9 months ago

Should work now then?

1 year, 9 months ago

Heya, it seems that this isn't working for SE 0.6.

SE 0.6 has a on_configuration_changed callback in its event.lua that ends up in the detect_breaking_prototypes function in scripts/essential.lua (line 7) that produces an unrecoverable error A mod has changed the rocket fuel stack size above 10.

I think an ignore list would be a good addition to this mod's startup options to ignore specific items to make stack sensitive mods happy.
The list would simply be a string-setting that is delimited by a comma, which is then just split to a table of item-names to ignore.

This solution will fix this and any future stack size issues for any items in any other mod.

Edit: Fixed typos.

1 year, 9 months ago

Heya,

I've now altered my local copy of your mod, to give it item ignore-list support.

I can upload it to your mod page, if you give me the permission.

The mod detects if SE is loaded and automatically defaults the ignore-list for SE compatibility (can be useful). Added changelog.txt as well.
Edit: Added a missing translation in locale for sv-SE and updated both sv-SE & en for the new startup-option. I didn't touch any other locale.

Best Regards,

Latent edit: Say goodbye to using this mod with SE 0.6 if one wants bigger stacks. SE now complains about any increases, citing balance concerns.
Despite this, however, an ignore list is still useful for getting SE 0.6 working, albeit SE won't be too jolly about any increased stack sizes.

1 year, 9 months ago

I'm sorry I'm not going to give you permission to alter my mod on this site. However you can always send a Pull Request on github and I will most definitely have a look at it.

Concerning Space Exploration complaining about stack size increases, this is hardly something that I or this mod should fix. If SE does not want modified stack sizes then maybe not modify them by adding this mod? Or perhaps request more leniency from the SE mod developer(s)?

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

sad

1 year, 8 months ago

sad

What do you mean? Or is there something you'd want to ask?

New response