Noxys Multidirectional Trains

by _Noxy_

Sneakily rotate locomotives that are being pulled backwards so that they actually help with acceleration instead of just being dead weight.

Utilities
1 year, 15 days ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Compatibility

6 years ago

I have a mod with electric train and i would know if this mod is compatible with other train's mod

6 years ago

It should be compatible with pretty much all train mods. There are known weird interactions with Logistics Train Network mod but nothing game breaking.

5 years ago

The release of 0.0.8 should resolve the weird interaction with LTN.

5 years ago

From memory, it is incompatible with circuit logic dependent on the train ID (e.g. if you have an oil processing station that fills fluid wagons depending on which train is present). But I don't think this is fixable in a mod?

5 years ago

In theory I could check all stations connected and than traverse the circuit network for any conditions related to train ids ... but this would have such an impact on performance that it simply is not worth the effort and nearly impossible to make reliable (the circuit value could be anything, anywhere ... ).

If you rely on a train ID to stay the same in your circuitry you should probably reconsider your design and make it based of the trains content (or lack thereof) if you want to use this mod. Or just let the train schedule take care of what goes where and pretty much only read train content or send the train signals instead.

5 years ago

Just a note, this mod is difficult to use with the Automatic Coupling System mod. When the locomotive is removed and replaced at a train stop, it shifts where the uncoupled train cars end up. This can make them block the track that a coupling locomotive needs to drive on.

New response