Nougat Mining

by Mylon

Idle construction bots will mine ore in the logistic radius.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

i Mining productivity

6 years ago

Very interesting mod, I think it is more suitable for the end of the game and for its use it is necessary to enter research with yellow science packs (about 500 pieces). I have a couple of questions:
1. Do research "mining productivity" affect the amount of ore mined by robots?
2. By the end of the game, I insert the productivity modules into all the drills. Can I increase the amount of ore produced by robots using modules?
Suggestion:
It may be necessary to enter some sort of "mining beacon" into which you can insert 3 modules that will act on all the bots in the logistics network (for balance the "beacon" will consume 30 kW of power per module per robot). The network can operate only 1 beacon. The productivity modules will increase the amount of ore produced as in the drills, and the speed modules will increase the volume of the ore carried by the robot (+1 per module). I did not invent anything with efficiency modules). On the "beacon", only the productivity module 3 and the speed module 3 should act, other modules will not bring any benefit (they are almost never used)

6 years ago
  1. Productivity affects the amount of ore consumed. Bots are different from mining drills in that productivity does not speed up mining, just consumes less.
  2. I have code ready to go that allows inserting modules into roboports. Tell Kovarex you want Mylon's modular roboports! Once that's in, it would be simple to add productivity modules (as otherwise they have no use) as acceptable modules and apply that bonus to bot mining.

Re suggestion: I think that would differ too much from the original goal. This mod is primarily designed for use in scenarios and I don't want to deviate too much from that.

New response