Nonsense Complex Craft Recipes

Build your factory with a complete different recipes. Atention: Only Early Game in this version. Just Vanilla Game

6 years ago

i Make this into a recipe randomizer mod?

5 years ago

Nice work! Unexpected recipe changes can be really fun. I have an idea that a Science recipe randomizer mod would be very cool and your mod making style seems to be a great match for it. What if you could randomize Production recipes, Science recipes, Transportation recipes, Power recipes, Military recipes every time you started a new game?

5 years ago

Oh Boy!!! That will be nice! A random generation recipes... How can we work on that?

Is there a way to save the recipe when start a game, or when you turn off and on the game, it will change? I like that idea very much...

5 years ago

I am new to making mods so I'm just testing some things to see what is possible. It looks like it is difficult to do this at a per map/save level and rather it applies to every save. You would create a table of possible recipes to replace the data.raw.recipe during the data loading stage, based on some startup settings flags. In control, on_init, save the generated recipes as a global and convert them to a recovery string that can be displayed to the player and re-entered as an additional startup setting to circumvent the randomization and 'save' the original randomized recipes by generating them in a determined according to the save string. This will let you keep the new recipes for one map even if the mod updates or startup settings change.

5 years ago

I tried it out here is the first version:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Randomize-Science

New response