No Hand Crafting

This mod gives you the bare minimum to complete the game and disables hand crafting.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Can't get started when also using Space Exploration mod

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

When using Space Exploration (which includes AAI Industry), this mod prevents crafting of iron gear wheels, sticks, and copper cable in the burner assemblers. Since SE removes starting items like a boiler, electric assembly machine, and so on, this makes the game unplayable. As soon as I disabled No Hand Crafting, I was able to proceed in my game.

Rather than marking Space Exploration or AAI Industry as incompatible, it would be great if this mod could be updated to allow other assembly machines it didn't anticipate to contain recipes for the starting items.

I'm a software developer, myself. Is the source code available for me to contribute? This GitHub repo doesn't seem correct--it's not the same author and doesn't have the latest versions. https://github.com/YPetremann/no-hand-crafting

1 year, 10 months ago

WHY are you messing with crafting categories? That's liable to break most mods that interact with them.
You can just disable hand crafting permissions for all players.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

I advice you to type /permissions in the console to just disable craft permission. In lua that something like:

local group = game.permissions.get_group("Default")
if group then
  group.set_allows_action(defines.input_action.craft, false)
end

New response