Natural Evolution Enemies (research fix) deprecated

This mod fixes some research bugs (some technologies upgraded biters) in Natural Evolution Ennemies (1.1 versions of NEE).

Content
1 year, 5 months ago
Enemies

g Thanks

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey Quasar_0,

Thanks for updating the mod in my absence. I released a version 1.1 of my mod now.
It's been a long time since I've played, coded, so please review it if you have a moment.

Thanks,
TheSAguy.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi TheSAguy,

Only thing to improve I can think of now would be do allow to disable a specific biter type of a nest. AAI vehicles shoot at mines from mine spitters and are unable to destroy them, which lead to the quick destruction of a whole group of vehicles).

Could by avoided by replacing the nest checkbox in the game option with sections with 4 radio buttons per nest type (all biter types of the nest/biter type 1/biter type 2/no nest), well allowing to remove the other type of biter that the nest spawn. It would be more useful than disabling both ennemies with the removal of the nest type (ex: don't want to remove tank biters, but only mine spitters). Fire spitter also seems to do an enormous amount of damage for some reason after mid game (instantly melting turrets), but you may want to keep fire biters for exemple.
(Had to remove mine spitters for my K2/NEE/AAI playthrough to be able to survive, but I kept tank biters)

Even if the mines and fire spitters got changed, allowing to disable a specific type of biter instead of the nest could always be useful I guess (for customisation).

1 year, 1 month ago

Ah, thanks for the feedback. I actually just started my K2/NEE/AAI game. First one in over two years, so that was good info to have.

New response