Mushroom Cloud

by Arcitos

Better nuke graphics, light effects and sounds. Supports many other mods, including Krastorio 2

Tweaks
1 year, 11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Damaging Invisible Cloud

5 years ago

Hello, love the mod so far, but I did have one complaint/suggestion after the latest update. It looks like a damaging, invisible cloud was added to the mod after a nuke explosion. I understand why this would be added (it does make sense). However, it came as a surprise to me when it happened since there really wasn't any documentation on it outside of a brief mention in the changelog, and it caused me to spend about half an hour chasing down the root cause for this effect in my game. I'd always thought of this mod as a QoL mod not affecting gameplay, and then all of the sudden it starts affecting the game with little warning.

I guess my suggestion would be to split off the damaging invisible cloud to another mod outside of this one, or at least make it a togglable option in settings?

5 years ago

Hi zalasur,
yeah, you're right. I should have had the radiation effect separated from the audiovisual effects from the beginning.
Therefore, the recent update contains a new startup option to activate radiation damage. This setting is inactive by default: Using this feature is only possible by toggling this setting on purpose.
Thanks for your complaint, otherwise i would've totally overlooked this issue!
Regards,
Arcitos

5 years ago

Awesome, thank you!

New response