Mushroom Cloud

by Arcitos

Better nuke graphics, light effects and sounds. Supports many other mods, including Krastorio 2

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Orbital ion cannon sounds

5 years ago

Hey, I'm completely spoiled by your mod and want to effect the same improvements on the orbital ion cannon explosion sounds.

Would it be possible to add support for this mod too, to hear the roar of ion beams in the distance? I might try and edit it in but I'm a complete amateur!

5 years ago

Cool idea!
I've added support for the Orbital Ion Cannon mod in the recent update.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Dang, thanks! You rock dude.

5 years ago

OK, had another idea because I found an awesome sound - is there a way to customize what sounds play? For example, there's an excellent sound I'd love to use for both the MIRV mod and the OIC mod but I'm not sure I know how to edit that into the config...

5 years ago

No problem: A simple aproach would be to replace the ogg sound files directly in this mod's folder (unzip the mod first). But i'm also open for suggestions if you found some cool new sounds that would fit to the overall theme.

5 years ago

I tried that and was successful, but it is limited by the type of explosion and I wasn't sure how to add event-specific sounds in addition to the awesome ones you have already. For example, I love the napalm artillery mod too but the sounds aren't appropriate for that type of explosion - further, I'd love to have normal artillery make a more resounding, chunky explosion but I just can't figure out how to add it!

What I tried to do - unsuccessfully - is to use the orbital ion cannon's explosion sound to function when only the OIC fired. That was the first thing I tried to do in order to test my thought and I had zero luck!

If I could just figure out how to script an action to play a noise hahahah! Thanks for all your communication, it's been super nice chatting with you about this and I appreciate the dedication!

5 years ago

Side note, even just the distant nuke sound that the OIC makes now is amazing - thanks again for the quick update :)

5 years ago

Do you know about the Epic Artillery Sounds mod? This one adds some new sounds for artillery shell explosions. Try it out if you havn't already :)

If you want event-specific sounds, you need to add "trigger_created_entity = 'true'" to an explosion (e.g. to the napalm artillery shell explosion type) first. Then add a small script that waits for this trigger-effect. In my mod i check if the created explosion is a nuke explosion or an IOC explosion. This could be extended to check for other explosion types, too. The last step is to play the sound for the for all players on the map (or to calculate the distances from explosion location to player location and choose sounds depending of this distance, but this is not necessary).

Just play a bit with this, modding is quite fun! And Factorio offers an excellently written api to do so.

New response