MudcrabempireBalanceMod

A small mod that changes the ranges of gun- and laser turrets, gives flamethrower turrets perfect aim and adjusts the damage of fire-weapons and makes some changes to the tank.

Tweaks
4 years ago

i Fix absurd fuel consumption

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I see you boosted the flamethrower turret to consume 150% more fuel. Please consider making the handheld flamethrower consume less fuel. The vanilla flamethrower consumes 60 fluid per second (20x as high as the turret!) and also consumes 3 steel per second. Your change cuts it only in half, and it still spends 30 fluid and 3 steel per second, 300% faster fluid consumption than the flamethrower turret.

Allow me to suggest a fix: change the flamethrower ammo recipe to charge 20% of the vanilla inputs (1 steel and 20 fluid), and craft much faster.

2 years ago

Sorry for only replying now. I did think about going further in equalizing the fluid consumption, but in the end i felt it was safer to not take a smaller step first and see how it goes. I will likely make an updated balance mod (or several) where i will look at this again, but it may take a while.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hey good timing. I was just playing around with it and I decided that the handheld flamethrower really doesn't have a problem with spending too much oil. It is only the turrets which should be brought up to match. It's really the steel that's the issue with flamethrower ammo.

I have also changed my mind about the flame damage balance. I edited my copy of the mod to bring the ground fire damage back down to its vanilla value, and I prefer that. It is still very easy to kill anything that spends any significant amount of time in fire, but now it's a matter of making them stay in the fire for any length of time. It's not difficult, but it is no longer an instant kill.

New response