Module Inserter (Non-conflict version)

by Neocult

Mass insert/remove modules into machines with construction robots

Utilities
2 years ago

g Contribute to original mod?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

EDIT: I saw your message on Rail Signal Planner. I took your change and made a fork from the original in order to pull request for the main mod. (yes, it's a really silly bug!).

https://github.com/Choumiko/ModuleInserter/pull/12

I would try to include other bug fixes, but that code is pretty elaborate.

2 years ago

Hi Robot256,

I am not familiar with the process at all, but you are totally right, that that would make it even easier and provide some additional help. I just started fixing three mods today for the first time and just got myself a crash course on lua, so its all a bit new. The mods seemed to be abandonded, so there is a direct fork in the factorio mod repository to help, info for players in the forum and for the devs. (Artillery Bombardment Remote / Artillery Bombardment Remote Reloaded) (Working git pull from another developer not accepted for over 10 Month) - (RailSignalPlanner / RailSignalPlannerNeo - No github, informations to fix it are in the forum and github provided) - And ModuleInserter have a temporary fork, but the information will be provided.

But as you are totally right I used the time directly to read up on it and actually created a pull request: https://github.com/Choumiko/ModuleInserter/pull/11

You inspired me to do the right thing here. Thanks and lets hope it will be merged very soon.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Great! I made a PR too but deleted it when I saw yours.

Mods are not always "abandoned", just sometimes are stable enough to not need updates and authors get busy in other things. I have seen many authors be brought back to release updates when someone helps, and also give permissions to others to maintain the original in their place. This month I've helped get an update pushed to Auto Deconstruct, and soon Cargo Ships. It never hurts to ask nicely after putting in the leg work to know what needs fixing.

But I also maintain a couple of forks where the original author never responded, so whatever happens, it's all good.

New response