Mining Drones improved Tech

by AivanF

I love Mining Drones mod, but the original recipe looks too imbalanced: it requires nothing but raw iron! No need to place miners & belts almost for free, with even no electricity usage! This mod fixes the balance by: 1. Adding a technology needed to be researched before you can create mining drones and depot. 2. Making the recipe harder yet customizable with startup settings. DEPRECATED: Consider updating to Mining Drones 2.0 Remastered

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Mining

i Mod for Avatar

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello!
Why not check if the Avatar mod is installed?
And take the complete avatar recipe.
It makes no difference who and how controls the avatar/humanoid robot: the drone station computer or the player in the control room.
The point is that the avatar or humanoid robot receives signals.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Hi! First of all, I've never heard about Avatar mod 😁 Though this is sounds interesting. But I didn't get your idea, you suggest to replace Mining Drones with these Avatars? If so, why you're talking about some controlling? πŸ€”

1 year, 1 month ago

No, I suggest doing this
if the Avatar mod is installed, then use its recipe (it conditionally consists of a control ornag, manipulators, and so on).
The avatar mod has an avatar controller, drone mining has its own drone station in some way, where they store resources.
Because the recipe that you offer, even it is not balanced, in my opinion.

1 year, 1 month ago

You mean to control Avatars so they collect ores into Depot? If so, this seems like a huge change. Note that I'm not an original author of Mining Drones mod, my mod just adjusts it's balance without any larger logical changes.

1 year, 1 month ago

No)
Look, the avatar has a certain RECIPE.
In fact, the AVATAR and the MOUNTAIN DRONE are no different from each other.
They have legs, arms, a head, they look like the player (if the skin has not changed), they can do everything the same as the player, only they are DRONES, in essence.
They are controlled by some kind of device (avatars of the control center, mountain drones mining building)
I suggest adding SUPPORT for the Avatar mod.
If this mod is installed, then you can use the AVATAR recipe.
Just a RECIPE, namely a head, two arms, two legs, and so on.
In this mod you are changing the mining drone recipe, without interfering with the logic of work, it was clear from the very beginning.
And my idea is to make a condition for the mountain drone recipe, provided that the mod is installed on the AVATAR.
That is, if the mod is installed, then use its components as the production of a drone.
Otherwise, use the current recipe.

1 year, 1 month ago

No)
Look, the avatar has a certain RECIPE.
In fact, the AVATAR and the MOUNTAIN DRONE are no different from each other.
They have legs, arms, a head, they look like the player (if the skin has not changed), they can do everything the same as the player, only they are DRONES, in essence.
They are controlled by some kind of device (avatars of the control center, mountain drones mining building)
I suggest adding SUPPORT for the Avatar mod.
If this mod is installed, then you can use the AVATAR recipe.
Just a RECIPE, namely a head, two arms, two legs, and so on.
In this mod you are changing the mining drone recipe, without interfering with the logic of work, it was clear from the very beginning.
And my idea is to make a condition for the mountain drone recipe, provided that the mod is installed on the AVATAR.
That is, if the mod is installed, then use its components as the production of a drone.
Otherwise, use the current recipe.

1 year, 1 month ago

Well, this looks quite simple. Maybe I'll have some time to try this Avatars mods and integrate it. Or, if you want, you can make a Pull Request on GitHub.

New response