by Klonan

Adds mining drones and mining depots

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

g Deep core patches being mined

3 years ago

Hi, I've run into a weird interaction with Vortik's Deep Core Mining mod. When a deep core iron patch occurs for example, any mining drones targeting regular iron ore will start to mine it, removing the patch and dropping deep core iron ore chunks on the floor around it. In the mining depot there is clearly a separate recipe for this but it seems to mine them regardless. Could you look into what's causing this please?
Love all your work ^^

3 years ago

Yeh, that is annoying, they start to mine it sometimes, I think it happens when it spawn the patch. They can't pickup the ores so it drop around them, and it is a infinity patch so if you don't see it, they will make a giant item zone in the ground if you left them for while.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Would be nice if instead of adding compatibility with every other case, we actually have a register function, so other mods can register from remote.call or something. They register their own validate function so no specific mod implementation needed, only a hook to allow other mods to register their own validation function that could be used in the "is_stupdy" function or whenever is appropriated.

3 years ago

I agree with you but the question, is that even when you detect it, there is no way to stop them doing it. I tried with remove the type of ore and add it again, remove the post and put it again... is just some internal parameter that get stuck.

I don't know how many people have both at the same time but considering that both have some several hundred downloads, is "more or less" common.

I really love your mod and Vortik's, could you please consider to add compatibility?

3 years ago

I want to second the compatibility request for Deep Core. I'd love to be able to use both, but as it stands I'm probably going to have to disable one as the drones keep making a giant mess when they try to dig up the patches.

3 years ago

Yeah it would be great if the Deep-Core Mining-Patches were ignored by the Drones...

3 years ago

A functional but weird workaround is to place a ghost of a Moho Drill or Deep Core Drill over the Deep Core patches. This causes the drones to avoid those patches.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This should be different with the latest update

3 years ago

Cool, thanks!

New response