by Klonan

Adds mining drones and mining depots

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

i Output contents on circuit network

4 years ago

It's really neat that Mining Depots can integrate into Transport Drone road networks. However, I'd like to see how much ore is in all Depots (in a dashboard display), but the Mining Depot doesn't accept red or green wires. The Supply Depots in Transport Drones allow this, so I'm now using those again :)

4 years ago

The transport depot GUI shows mining depots too

I don't want to add the complex workarounds needed for linking the mining depots to the circuit network

3 years ago

Not sure exactly what the goal of circuit network integration was, but for me, it was automatically inserting miners into a depot if it ever hit zero ore. But you can output to chests and connect a drone insertion arm that triggers when the buffer chests fall below a threshold.

On the other hand, this might fall under the category of unnecessary min/max. Just load up each depot with the max number of drones and walk away.

3 years ago

i would love have way to see by circuit how much ore are avaiable to pick on that mining exactly... like output that number in nixies tubes or something like that...

2 years ago

I think I want what Junhinhow mentioned.
Explained simply, I'd just like to be able to connect a circuit cable from a depot to a speaker so I can notify myself when the patch as a whole is running lower than a desired threshold.

This is available with vanilla miners. They allow you to read the contents of the entire patch so it should be possible with the depots as well.

New response