by Klonan

Adds mining drones and mining depots

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

g Pathing related crashes to desktop

4 years ago

I have had a few crashes to desktop that seem to be related to Mining Drones since they are pathing related and its very early game so I doubt there is much happening with Biters yet. I was also seeing Mining Drones stuck in place for a while mid stride just before the crashes. Mods in use: Mining Drones, Factorissmo2, DangerOreus, and Even Distribution. We did try uninstalling Factorissmo2 and it still happened.

I have 2 saves it was happening on. One were we barely had hand crafting going and the 2nd were we were just starting to lay out some Factorismo2 buildings for smelting and red/green science.

Last bit of the most recent save's crash log is
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\ai\pathfindalgorithm.cpp (1154): PathFindAlgorithm::baseDistanceHeuristic
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\ai\pathfindalgorithm.cpp (1049): PathFindAlgorithm::expandBaseNode
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\ai\pathfindalgorithm.cpp (625): PathFindAlgorithm::baseSearch
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\ai\pathfindalgorithm.cpp (466): PathFindAlgorithm::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\ai\pathfinder.cpp (402): PathFinder::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\surface\surface.cpp (1463): Surface::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\map\map.cpp (1565): Map::updateEntities
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\game.cpp (201): Game::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\scenario\scenario.cpp (1216): Scenario::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\mainloop.cpp (1163): MainLoop::gameUpdateStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\mainloop.cpp (1032): MainLoop::gameUpdateLoop
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-kcbfya\src\util\workerthread.cpp (42): WorkerThread::loop
c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\buildtools\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\thr\xthread (230): std::_LaunchPad<std::unique_ptr<std::tuple<void (__cdecl RazerChromaController::)(void),RazerChromaController >,std::default_delete<std::tuple<void (__cdecl RazerChromaController::)(void),RazerChromaController > > > >::_Go
c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\buildtools\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\thr\xthread (209): std::_Pad::_Call_func
minkernel\crts\ucrt\src\appcrt\startup\thread.cpp (115): thread_start<unsigned int (__cdecl*)(void * __ptr64)>
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF975A57BD4)
00007FF975A57BD4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF97664CED1)
00007FF97664CED1 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
Stack trace logging done
5661.947 Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1154: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true
Logger::writeStacktrace skipped.
5661.947 Error CrashHandler.cpp:189: Map tick at moment of crash: 580538

The save games and output logs are located in https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gNbbfn5Va2RjZkTUasZ7S6VILAHFPUaK?usp=sharing

The crash1 zip has 1 save game and 3 logs from when it kept happening on reloads. Just before the crash we would spot mining drones stuck in place mid stride near the water on the left as they tried to path around. Since that was a very early game we just restarted on a fresh map.

The fresh map (the crash2 zip) went much longer since we weren't mining near water at all. Then we moved our mining and upped the number of drones as we started to mine northward toward oil. I had changed my autosaves to every 1 minute to try and get you a better savegame state for reference just in case it happened again. I included all 3 autosaves and the newest one, Autosave 2 will crash pretty quickly. I included 2 logs, both the original crash log and a new one from when I reloaded the autosave.

4 years ago

Should be fixed

4 years ago

I loaded up the save in question, ran fine without the crash!

Thanks for the fun mod. Takes much of the tedium out of mining and I'm much to amused by having swarms of little "mining slaves" chipping away at the ore. o:-)

New response