by Klonan

Adds mining drones and mining depots

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

i Modding resource: drones based on vehicle entities

4 years ago

Heyo there! I've tried this a bit and it's really good.
I also poked around in the files a bit, and I was just wondering:
Would it be possible to add a variant of the drones that are based on the tank or car?
(As a modding resource, or even just as a toggle for those who would like small drones instead of people running around. I figure you could just replicate the tank, for example.)

Due to the animations and everything copied from the character entity, it's pretty complex to try and edit them. And having a drone base that just uses a vehicle as their base instead of the complex character, would make it a lot easier to make submods for this one.

(For reference, I'm very interested in adding Command and Conquer / Red Alert style harvesters. Which would basically just be a reskin of this, with some other values for speed/capacity/mining speed. Larger and slower drones, basically. )

4 years ago

Nevermind, reskinning them wasn't too hard, just had to handle it differently than I expected.

Thanks again for the lovely mod.

3 years ago

could you upload reskin or change skin to mini tank from factorio if harvesters are copyrighted ?

3 years ago

i have reskinned the drones (and my own char) to look similar to the construction drones by simply using the mod "I, Robot" :-)

New response