Miner Planner

by MtPOI

Automatically plans all miners for a resource. Some configuration options availble.

Utilities
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16

g Tweaks and Issues

7 years ago

Issues I'm having:
- Causes desync for one or more clients on a server. Doesn't seem to be specific - ie. sometimes it kicks the person that uses it, sometimes not. Sometimes it kicks everyone. Larger patches of ore cause this more.
- It places ghosts in spots that you can't have one. At edges of lakes where ore is right by the water or if there is a single square of water in the middle of the ore patch.

Tweak suggestions:
- I'm not sure how automatic the placement is, but I have tweaked power poles to cover a larger area - this means your planner places far too many poles. Can you read the coverage of the pole rather than use hard-coded values? It would also mean you can use modded power poles. More on that next...
- I've not tested with modded belts or miners, but if you allow the user to select the items to use by clicking the desired item on a button or something, you could allow use of any modded items. Just check that the item clicked is suitable for the task asked of it. Ie. only allow "transport-belt" to be used as belts, not miners, etc.

That's all from me. If you need more info on the desyncs just ask.

6 years ago

The mod should pick up custom belts & miners. Poles are more difficult since the game doesn't expose their radius or max-wire distances at runtime, i will have to take another look it if it has been added in 0.15.

Regarding the desync issues .. i haven't tested the mod in multiplayer yet.

New response